Rottweiler Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news from ye ole' forum god and elder

2 posters

Go down

Good news from ye ole' forum god and elder Empty Good news from ye ole' forum god and elder

Post  and1mastah Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:26 am

So I am trying or atleast want a job as a DJ. I have been pondering about this for years now and I am currently debating if I should go ahead and actually apply/ask for a job as one. There are two options; get taken under a company or start a company. The reason why I am debating so much is that well it is my senior year so I want to have fun and next year I do go to college. Now why am I telling you this; If I end up creating my own company I will be web hosting. What does that mean kind sir? That means I can have any domain I want that is not already taken, so can you imagine a rottweilerproductions.com?

Hopefully if things go well for me I will be taken under a company for at least until I choose what college I want to go to or the end of this school year/next summer.
If I choose a college that is in-state then and if I gained enough DJ experience then I probably will create a company (w/ all the money im saving on in-state tuition and all). Basically if I start a company (quite ambitious for a kid my age) then that equals web space/domain!
and1mastah
and1mastah
Admin

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Good news from ye ole' forum god and elder Empty Re: Good news from ye ole' forum god and elder

Post  Nano511 Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:56 am

what do you mean "domain that hasn't already been taken"? I'm not sure what a "domain" is, but does that mean you wont have a lot of choices for "domains"?
Nano511
Nano511
Probation

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Good news from ye ole' forum god and elder Empty Re: Good news from ye ole' forum god and elder

Post  and1mastah Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Idk how to put it in lay-man's terms but i'll try.

Ok you know a url...for example; www.google.com
"google.com" is a domain name.

If I web host then (depending on the package) I could get one or two domain names.So, for an example, I could own a www.dj.com (for my business) and also own (for an example) www.rotterweilerproductions.com. Also dependent upon the package, I can havesubdomains so to continue with my example, www.dj.com/info and/or www.rottweilerproductions.com/forum

So think of it logically, if there is a google.com out there already then how am i suppose to create a google.com since the name already exists. It's like creating a gamertag. You can't create one that already exists on XBL.
and1mastah
and1mastah
Admin

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down